SofPort® is a truly surgeon-friendly IOL that unfolds gently and controllably within the eye1
- SofPort® AO is neutral to the induction of positive or negative spherical aberrations and does not induce significant high-order aberrations2
- SofPort® AO optic is less sensitive to the effects of misalignment or decentration than non-AO lenses.2
- Designed with a sharp 360° square posterior edge, a feature that has been shown to result in reduced PCO compared to round edged IOLs3
1. Lisa B. Samalonis. Review of Ophthalmology 15 of June 2005. Aspheric IOLs: from Theory to Practice.
2. Altmann GE, Nichamin LD, Lane SS, Pepose JS. Optical performance of 3 intraocular lens designs in the presence of decentration. J Cataract Refract Surg. 2005;31:574-585.
3. Buehl W et al., Effect of intraocular lens design on posterior capsule opacification. J Cataract Refract Surg 2008; 34: 1976-1985 ASCRS and ESCRS
|Model||Recommended Startin||Overall Diameter||Diopter Powers|
|LI61A0||118.7*||13.0 mm||+0 D to +4 D in 1.0 D steps
+5 D to +30 D in 0.5 D steps
+31 D to +34 D in 1.0 D steps
|Incision size||As small as 2.4 mm|
|Material—optic||Silicone; 10% cutoff at 410 nm|
|Material—haptics||Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) monofilament|
|Refractive index at 35°C||1.429|
|Refractive index at 35°C||6.0 mm|
|Delivery system||EZ-28 and EZ-24|
*A-constants are optical biometry estimates only. It is recommended that each surgeon develop his or her own values.