ClearVisc™ is the only dispersive OVD on the US market formulated with the free radical suppression properties of Sorbitol, delivering dual-action physical and chemical protection during cataract procedures.1,2
- ClearVisc™ is specifically designed with a molecular weight and viscosity that optimizes endothelial cell protection3
- Viscosity: cP (at 1s-1 shear rate, 25°C): 40,000
- Molecular Weight: (Daltons): <1.0 million
- ClearVisc™ features a proprietary formulation of sodium hyaluronate and Sorbitol to inhibit free radicals1,2
- Sorbitol, a unique chemical agent, has been shown in a laboratory study to deliver superior protection from damaging free radicals compared to other dispersive OVDs1,2
Free Radicals in Cataract Surgery
Free radicals form in the eye as a result of chemical reactions caused during cataract procedures. They can contribute to corneal damage and possible decompensation, which can lead to post-surgical complications such as a cloudy cornea.
ClearVisc™ with Sorbitol chemically bonds to free radical particles to provide a high level of free radical scavenging activity.1,2
Procedural and post-operative clarity delivers proven performance for cataract procedures.
- Procedural Clarity: ClearVisc™ helps to ensure excellent tissue visualization by minimizing the capture of bubbles and other material during procedures
- Post-operative Clarity: Clear corneas were seen in 91% of eyes for ClearVisc™ at 1-day post-operative, and in 100% of eyes for ClearVisc™ at 1-week post-operative2
1. Francesco Maugeri, Adriana Maltese, Keith W. Ward & Claudio Bucolo (2007). Hydroxyl Radical Scavenging Activity of a New Ophthalmic Viscosurgical Device, Current Eye Research, 32:2, 105-111, DOI:10.1080/02713680601147716.
2. Data on File. Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, 2021.
3. ClearVisc™ Directions for Use.
|Viscosity, cP (at 1s-1 shear rate, 25°C)||40,000|
|Molecular Weight (Daltons)||<1.0 million|